If a network dedicated to connecting professionals is that popular, maybe there's a way for me to spin this off. But to whom?
Now, before you dismiss the idea, think about it. If you're an actor, singer, dancer, etc., chances are you spend a good deal of time collaborating with other actors, singers and dancers. In fact, most art can't be done without some sort of collaboration. Allow me to provide a few examples:
- Actors rely on writers, directors, and producers to put on their shows.
- Singers rely on songwriters, beat producers, and musicians to create their songs.
- Dancers rely on choreographers
- Writers rely on editors
- Painters rely on...paint suppliers.
How it would work:
- Artists would log on and create a profile.
- The profile would include videos, songs, drawings, scripts, and whatever else they wanted to share
- Other artists would be able to peruse their profiles, finding people to link up with to produce the play, song, or performance they've been working on.
But I can work out the kinks later. I just need to know - is it a good idea? Holler back.